- 1st SESSION: Initial individual/couple evaluation – $40 for 50 min (first session only).
- NORMAL SESSIONS: Individual/couple psychotherapy sessions: $100 for 45-50 min.
- SHORT/LONG SESSIONS: $60 for 30-min, $150 for up to 80 min.
- CORRESPONDENCE: Short letters are usually $30; Reports are usually $150
- ASSESSMENTS & EVALUATIONS: $40 Initial Session + $150 Assessment + $150 Report = $340
- PAYMENTS: The following forms of payment are accepted at beginning of each session: cash, check, credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover), account card (e.g., debit, HSA, FSA), or PayPal.
- I accept payments from your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex Spending Account (FSA).
I accept HUSKY, but I cannot accept other insurance payments because I am considered an “out-of-network” provider. However, many plans will reimburse you for a percentage of the cost. After you pay for a visit, I’ll give you the insurance forms and receipts, so all you have to do is mail them to your insurance company. Please call your plan first to make sure they cover out-of-network providers and to see how much they’ll reimburse you.
- See more info about Insurance Details
Payments are collected before providing services, so you are notified of fees beforehand to give you the opportunity to decline services before any charges are made.
- Initial individual/couple Evaluation (i.e., the 1st session) – $40 for 50 minutes.
- Standard individual/couple sessions (#90834) – $100 for 45-50 minutes.
- Longer or shorter individual/couple sessions – $60 for 30 minutes (#90832) or $150 for up to 80 minutes (#90837).
- Telephone Consultations (lasting 15 min or less) – FREE: New client consultation calls are always free.
- Telephone/Skype Sessions (calls lasting longer than 15 min) – $100/hr prorated: There is no charge for brief calls (< 15 min) related to scheduling, cancelling of appointments, or other routine issues. If we schedule a phone/Skype session, speak for more than 15 min, or if I communicate beyond 15 min with others at your request (e.g., professionals or family members), you will be notified beforehand for approval, then billed for these at the same rate as for regular therapy services.
- Psychological assessment or diagnostic evaluation (#90791) – $150/hr prorated: Assessment fees include the time spent with you, the time needed for scoring, studying, and interpreting the results. The amount of time involved depends on the assessments used. For example, the following types of evaluations usually require an initial session ($40) + 1 hr assessment session ($150) + report writing fees ($150) = usually $340 total.
- evaluations of mental disorders for Family & Medical Leave (FMLA)
- evaluations of mental disability for emotional support animals
- evaluations of test anxiety for testing accommodations
- evaluations of PTSD for medical marijuana permits
- evaluations for bariatric surgery
- Reports and correspondence – $150/hr prorated: All reports and written correspondence over and above what is required for standard treatment will require 30 days’ notice and must be paid before the documents will be sent. Reports will require 1 week preparation following assessments and evaluations.
- Remote visits – $150/hr: Appointments at remote locations such as hospitals, home visits, and other therapists’ offices will be charged based on travel time, portal to portal, and time involved in providing the required service.
Professional Fees: Your first session with me is only $40, then my hourly fee for individuals and couples services is $100. No sliding scale is available at this time because my fees are already significantly lower compared to other psychologists and I accept Medicaid/HUSKY. It is standard to charge a full hour for 50-min therapy sessions because therapists spend at least 10 min preparing for and documenting each session. In addition to our weekly appointments, I charge for other professional services you may need, and I will break down the hourly cost if I work for periods of less than one hour. Other services include report writing, letter writing, telephone conversations lasting longer than 15 minutes, preparation of records or treatment summaries, and the time spent performing any other service we agree to. If you become involved in legal proceedings that require my participation, you will be expected to pay for my professional time even if another party compels me to testify. Payment or fee arrangements must be worked out before the end of our first meeting. Otherwise, fees are non-negotiable. I do not usually change fees for clients during the course of therapy, however, fees are technically subject to change at my discretion.
Borrowed Books: You may find it useful to borrow one of my books or workbooks. Unless otherwise discussed beforehand, if a book is not returned in 60 days a fee will be charged to your account. The fee will be equal to the price of the book on Amazon.com (refundable if returned) plus a $10 non-refundable handling/convenience fee.
Billing & Payments: Payments are collected before providing services, so you are notified of fees beforehand to give you the opportunity to decline services before any charges are made. Payment can be made by cash, check, credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover), account card (e.g., debit, HSA, FSA), or by PayPal. Should your personal check be returned for insufficient funds, you will be charged a penalty fee of $25 per incident. I do not accept payments from 3rd parties unless the payments are made before services are provided. I will assume that our agreed-upon fee-paying relationship will continue as long as I provide services to you, until you tell me that you wish to end it or stop receiving services. You have a responsibility to pay for any services you receive before you end the relationship.
Payment Problems: Should your account become 60 days past due and arrangements for payment have not been agreed upon, I have the right to use legal means (collection agency or court system) to secure payment. In the event that it is necessary to commence proceedings to collect money owed for professional services rendered, you will be expected to pay reasonable collection costs and fees incurred, including but not limited to attorney’s fees. Also, if your bill remains unpaid for an excessive amount of time, I am required to suspend therapy with you. If you think you may have trouble paying your fees on time, please discuss this with me beforehand. If you fail to pay a bill, I will also raise the matter with you so we can arrive at a solution. If there is any problem with my charges, my billing, your insurance, or any other money-related issue, please bring it to my attention so we can find an agreeable resolution openly and quickly.
See more info about Insurance Details
|My office is located at|
Mercury Medical Wellness Center
35 Old Tavern Rd, Suite 101
Orange, CT 06417