- Eric D. Jackson, PhD, is a clinical psychologist with a private practice in Orange CT.
- My office is located at Mercury Medical Wellness Center, less than 2 miles from Milford & West Haven and only 5 miles from New Haven.
- I provide therapy and counseling to adults, both individuals and couples (but I do not prescribe medications).
- I accept cash, check, credit, HSA & FSA. I accept HUSKY but CANNOT ACCEPT OTHER INSURANCE PAYMENTS, however many plans will reimburse you for “out-of-network” providers like myself.
- I was trained at Yale & West Haven Veterans Affairs (VA) and was a research faculty member at Yale University.
- As a Yale-trained psychologist, for the past 8+ years I’ve been helping people–probably a lot like you–feel better & stronger. I’d like to understand how I can help you feel better too, so that you’re motivated, moving forward, and you’re getting what you need in your life.
My Style & Approach
- I will try and understand your unique challenges by looking at your situation through your eyes and taking a walk in your shoes.
- I will work by your side as your teammate so I can help you understand your patterns, try out new strategies, and tackle your problems.
- I also provide valuable perspective as an unbiased outside point-of-view and an impartial mediator.
- I am skilled in a wide range of therapeutic traditions that I will integrate and customize to fit your needs.
- I’m well-known for being a warm and compassionate psychologist with an honest and relaxed style.
- I prefer to help you discover insights for yourself, but I will often point out patterns, make connections, offer suggestions, facilitate activities, and encourage you to experiment with different strategies outside of our sessions.
- With couples, I encourage comfort and openness by being fair, balanced, and not taking sides–each person is responsible for doing their own part in improving the relationship and themselves.
- AGES: Adults, Young Adults, Older Adults
- CLIENT SPECIALTIES: Young Adults, Couples, Veterans, Men, LGB, Women, etc.
- FORMATS: Individuals, Couples, Groups
- Therapy, Psychotherapy, Counseling, Coaching
- Couples Therapy & Marriage Counseling
- Court-Ordered or Attorney-Recommended Treatments for alcohol/substance abuse, anger management, sexual disorders, etc.
- Hypnotherapy for addictions, behaviors, pain, athletic performance, stress management, personal development, etc.
- Consultation & Supervision
- Psychological Diagnosis and Evaluation for Family & Medical Leave (FMLA), emotional support animals, testing accommodations, medical marijuana permits (PTSD), etc.
- I do not prescribe medication.
- For information on fees, see Services & Fees.
My Training & Experience
- I have 12 years of doctoral & post-doctoral training at the University of Arizona, Yale University, and Veterans Affairs (VA).
- 8+ years of psychology work in private practice, on the research faculty at Yale, and as a full-time psychologist at the VA.
- These experiences have prepared me with cutting-edge knowledge to provide you the most current information & therapeutic approaches.
- I’m skilled in a wide range of therapeutic traditions that I will integrate and customize to fit your needs (see treatment approaches above).
- As a clinical psychologist, I am also uniquely trained to test for and diagnosis mental disorders, cognitive problems, and other psychological conditions.
- My credentials are verified by the State of Connecticut, GoodTherapy.org and by Psychology Today.
|My office is located at|
Mercury Medical Wellness Center
35 Old Tavern Rd, Suite 101
Orange, CT 06417